Friday 19 January 2007

Presentation Page Uploaded

I can’t believe the bother I had to go to, to get this one up and operating. I thought I had it all worked out, as I had already placed a short version on the page earlier on in the course.

I have been creating a ‘test page’ simultaneously with the html writing tutorial, adding images and links etc and moving the files and folders around in my ‘my doc’ folder on the computer. All worked ok in my browser, but when I uploaded all the files to the presentation page, the images would not open.

I tried all sorts of different combinations and in the end, resorted to enlisting the help of my fellow classmates.

Thank’s to Gary, Kathy and Anna, I now have all my files ‘in the same room’ and have changed my images to jpeg. files instead of gif. Files. My images display beautifully now, and I owe huge thanks to those who helped – especially as it was nearly midnight!

I have learned from this, the importance of the placement of files and giving the page the correct instructions to match!

No comments: