Saturday 20 January 2007

Module 4 - Organising Search Information

For this task I have chosen the three sites listed below as my best sources of information for Advanced Internet users.

I have decided to store them here on my learning blog, for easy access and retrieval because the free 'bookmark' site which isdownloadable from the 'net' has limited -30day- time period. My blog is here for life! Provided I make back-ups of course!



1.

URL: W3schools

Institution: W3schools

Summary: Provides FREE material for training purposes in basic html and xhtml
as well as advanced xml, sql, data base, multimedia and wap


2.

URL: CIESE

Author: CIESE - Center for Improved Engineering and Science Education

Institution: Stevens Institute of Technology

Summary: A collection of web pages describing specific procedures and aspects when browsing the internet. Created for ‘Alliance Plus’, a National Internet-In-Education Teacher Training Program funded by the United States Department of Education. Features include self guided tutorials designed for users who already have some basic knowledge in web browsing techniques.


3.

URL: Web Developer's Virtual Library

Author: There are numerous authors contracted on a per article basis

Institution: Web Developers Vitual Library - maintained by Richard Hein, the managing editor of several jupitermedia properties. Richard is also a freelance web and gaming designer.

Summary: A great reference site for Advanced Internet Designers, with hundreds of links to free tutorials and articles relating to internet, and discussion forums. It is also a slightly commercial site in that it links to books which can be purchased on line.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.

Anonymous said...

I inclination not approve on it. I over precise post. Particularly the title-deed attracted me to read the sound story.

Anonymous said...

Genial post and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you for your information.