Saturday 20 January 2007

Module 4 Beginneth - Tools

Wow, three down and two to go! I am really enjoying this unit, although my biggest issue so far is just keeping up. If the unit were not 'paced' with deadlines I fear I would still be engrossed in Module 1! I'm about a week behind schedule as I am only just beginning to get in to module 4, and the first assignment relating to mod's 1-4 is due by next Friday. At least I have set up my seperate blog to enter all the data for the assignment (see link at left).

Anyhow, on to the first task for this module...........

• In your learning log record which programs you downloaded and note which (if any) facets you think might prove useful.

Well now, I already had

Adobe PDF reader, as we receive quite a few PDF files via email and there are many web sites which contain PDF files.

Flash was already istalled on my pc but not sure I hve used it much up until now.

Windows Media player has always been my preferred option here - free and easy to use.

Quicktime was installed already and seems to be required in quite a few applications.

I installed

Windows Shock Wave as suggested in the reader as it will be of use to me in coming weeks in my web creations.

Real Player was suggested, but I did not install at this stage as I am limited to download space with my ISP for this month. It requires 12.1 MB. Anyway, I do not really want another media player on my pc as I prefer to Windows Media Player.

I have not yet installed the Bookmark Buddy due to space restrictions but may look at using it later.

I have installed Copernica 6.12 search engine at the risk of using 34MB as it seems I will be needing it for the next task.

No comments: